Here Is The Discussion On What Your Hair & Scalp Say About Your Health- Part 1

The health of your hair and scalp is thereby proportional to your overall body health. Why is it so? Read the discussion and decide. 

Here Is The Discussion On What Your Hair & Scalp Say About Your Health- Part 1

All About Your Health 

It may be that your hair is trying to tell you something about your health. It is possible that some conditions and medications can affect the body as well as the hair. You might just need to take better care of your hair scalp in other cases. 

White Flakes Pose No Health Risk

How do you get it if dandruff isn’t contagious? An overgrowth of a fungus may be one theory whereas doctors aren’t sure about it. Oily skin, stress, obesity, cold, dry weather, and having eczema or psoriasis may be the other possible risk factors. Dandruff isn’t harmful although it is embarrassing as the itching can be bothersome.  

Tips for Dandruff Treatment

Try using an antidandruff shampoo daily to decrease the build-up of dandruff’s dead skin cells. Rinse well after leaving the shampoo on for 5 minutes. To find one that works best for you, it is possible that you may need to try several dandruff shampoos. Try another if one stops working. Call your doctor if that too doesn’t help. 

Yellow Dandruff?

You may have seborrheic dermatitis in case the dandruff flakes you see are greasy and yellow. Occurring where there are lots of oil glands like the scalp and the face, this is an inflammatory skin condition. Related to conditions including hormones, fungus, and even some neurological conditions like Parkinson’s disease or HIV, seborrheic dermatitis is treated the same as dandruff with antidandruff shampoos. 

You May Shed More Than You Think

Some experts estimate that they may shed up to 100 or more hairs a day whereas it is not a perfect measure. It doesn’t mean you’re going bald or that it's no cause for alarm. It is observed that out of the 100,000 hair follicles about 90% are producing hair at any given time. The hair falls out after about 2 to 3 months as the other 10% are in a resting telogen phase. And the growth cycle starts over again as it is replaced by new hair. 

What Causes Telogen Effluvium?

Surgery, vaccinations, giving birth, some medications, crash diets, severe stress, thyroid problems are all a shock to your system pushing hair into resting or telogen state. Sometimes described as hair coming out in handfuls, about two months later you may see har falling out and thinning as a condition called telogen effluvium. 

An Attack on Hair Follicles

Your immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles causing hair to fall out suddenly in alopecia areata. In some cases, all body hair falls out whereas most people will have one or two bald patches that can be treated easily with injections. It can be tough psychologically as Alopecia Areata isn’t harmful or contagious. Treatment may help it grow back more quickly while the hair may grow back on its own. Experiencing alopecia areata repeatedly are some people. 

Genes Cause 90% of Male Hair Loss

The trait may be more influenced by your mother’s family than your father’s though hereditary. It may give you a better clue about the future of your locks with a look at your maternal grandfather’s locks. Leaving a horseshoe-shaped ring of hair around the sides of the head, male pattern baldness often starts with receding hair at the temples, then on the crown. Finasteride and minoxidil are the medications slowing hair loss. 

Female-Pattern Baldness

Pattern hair loss is usually most common on top of the head as age-related thinning may mean hair thinning all over the head. Women rarely go bald unlike men as they tend to lose the hair more slowly than men do. Longer hair won’t put a strain on the roots causing more to fall out contrary to popular belief. It just gets the ones that were falling out already without shampoo pulling hair out. Helping hair growth and preventing thinning is Minoxidil 5% applied once daily. Also used in women are spironolactone and flutamide. 

Avoid Sun Damage to Hair

The possibility is that too much of the sun, therefore, turns the hair into a brittle dry mop breaking and splitting easily. In those with blonde or grey hair, this is especially true. You risk a sunburn on your scalp if you already have thinning hair. Although it can be hard to coat your hair evenly, it is better to choose hair care products with sunscreen providing some protection. Especially if your scalp is exposed, it is a good idea to wear a hat when you are out in the sun. Here make sure you choose a hat made of sun-protective fabric with UPF 30

The Following Part Of Discussion

The next part of the discussion helps decide what are the tips to help hair from thinning. It is here that we discuss the possible causes and remedies helping determine the health of your hair and scalp. 

What's Your Reaction?